G & F Novelty Searchlight radio, distributed by: G & F
Sales Company, 2309 S. Archer Ave, Chicago.,
subsidiary to Gardner & Co, a manufacturer of
punchboards and pushcards & later a national toy
• Design Patent for cabinet: #109,040 (Irwin
Feitler, G & F partner), March 29, 1938.
• Model Year: 1937/38.
• Chassis (& cabinet?) Manufacturer: Pacific Radio
Corp, 844 W. Adams St, Chicago.
• Chassis type: AC/DC superheterodyne (schematic:
same as Pacific Radio Corp. Model 3, Rider 9-1).
• Tubes, 7: 6A7 (mixer/LO), 6D6 (IF), 75 (2nd
det/1st AF), 25L6 (AF), 25Z5 (rectifier), L49C
(ballast tube),6U5/6G5 (tuning eye).
• Bands, 3: standard broadcast (550~1600kc), police
(1.8~5mc), shortwave (6~16mc).